You are one step away to create a self-hosted WordPress blog on Hostgator.
Feeling excited ?
For a WordPress user, it was an amazing feeling when you land into your dashboard for the very first time.
For this, you need to install WordPress on your web hosting platform.
Don’t know how to do this?
You don’t need to worry.
Because today, I am going to show you how to install WordPress on Hostgator.
WordPress is the most powerful and popular blogging platform. It comes with lots of customization options. You can use hundreds of free WordPress themes and plugins from its own directory. Over 23% of the top 10 million websites powers by WordPress.
Installing WordPress on any hosting platform is an awesome feeling. This way your blog go live on the web for the very first time.
All the major Webhosting companies offer free WordPress installation. But I like Hostgator and I personally use this combination.
Hostgator is no doubt on of the best web hosting service in the world today. It is reliable and supportive.
How to set up WordPress self-hosted blog on Hostgator
So let`s start from the beginning.
To start a self-hosted blog on Hostgator you need a domain name.
If you don’t have a domain then book it first from any domain name registrars.
You can also get this from Hostgator for free. Hostgator offers a free domain with every web hosting purchase. But I will recommend not to do this.
I prefer NameCheap or GoDaddy. As a user, I know they both are reliable and well supportive.
How to purchase Hostgator web hosting plan
Once you have a domain name then book your Hostgator web hosting plan.
1. Got to Hostgator.com
2. Click on “get started now”
3. Select your plan.
From here choose a plan according to which type of hosting you need. Hostgator offers 3 different shared hosting plans which are Hatchling, Baby, and Business.
Hatchling is a single domain installation plan. That means a future blog by you will need another hosting plan.
Most useful for a blogger is the Hostgator baby plan. Because here you can install unlimited domains.
My recommendation is to book Baby plan for a longer period. This way you can save your money as Hostgator gives a decent discount on its 2/3 yrs plan.
4. Next, you will land on the signup page.
Now fill up the signup form with all the required details and click on checkout now.
5. Make payment through credit card or via PayPal and complete your web hosting purchase.
Book Your Hostgator Shared Hosting Plan now. Use coupon code BLOGGERSCAMPUS25 to get 25% discount on every purchase.
Now before the installation of WordPress, you need to change DNS name server of your domain name. Here is the video guide on how to change name server.
How to install WordPress on Hostgator Cpanel
Installing WordPress on Hostgator is an easy job. For this, you don’t need any existing WordPress account.
Let`s do this.
You can install WordPress manually or through Quickinstall.
Manually is a bit more time consuming and also could be a little difficult one for beginners while Quickinstall is an auto-installation process and it is also quite easy. It hardly takes 5 minutes to complete the installation process.
Today in this guide I will show you how to install WordPress on Hostgator through Quickinstall.
- Go to your inbox and check the welcome email, which was sent by HostGator after completing the buying process. From where you can get your cPanel address, username and password.
- Login to your HostGator cPanel
- Scroll down to software/services categories and click on Quickinstall.
- Next page will appear on your computer screen. From here you need to select WordPress.
- Now you need to select the domain that you want to install.
- Here you are in the final step. On this page fill out the complete form with required information carefully.
- Now give your blog title. It will be your domain name. You can also give any other name as your blog title if you want.
- Next give an unique and hard username as it will be good for security reason.
- Then, provide your first and last name
- Finally, enter your email address in admin email box. Always give a valid email Id. If you have a domain name email then provide that otherwise use your primary email address.
6. Click on “Install WordPress”.
A confirmation message with the login information will appear on your screen that WordPress is successfully installed.
That’s it you are all done.
Now go to your WordPress dashboard from your browser by typing yourblog.com/wp-admin. Replace yourblog with your domain name.
I hope this step by step guide on how to install WordPress on Hostgator will help you to set up your blog easily.
If you have any problem during the installation then drop a comment below.
And please don’t forget to share with others.